Sunday, January 16, 2011

Leaf Bowls Pattern Done!

The new Leaf Bowls pattern is done.  This fiber art bowls pattern has been in the works for quite some time.  Like the Flower Bowls, this was originally a very popular class that I had many requests for patterns for the project.  My biggest issue was the Thread Painting, how to do the instructions to make it clear and fairly simple, with step by step diagrams.  Once I figured a way to do this, the rest of the pattern fell into place.  I did help that this pattern was pretty much test sewn, with many helpful comments from students and friends, before the 'real' pattern ever came out.  I am very happy with how this pattern turned out and even more with how the samples turned out.  There are three sizes of leaf bowls, my favorite is of course the largest one.


 Here is a close up of the pattern cover photo.  Notice the embellishing along the veins using couched decorative yarns and hand sewn beads from Embellishment Village.  I just love how they added more texture and sparkle to the Leaf Bowls.


This pattern is now available at the Laughing Cat Designs website! 

No comments:

Post a Comment